October is SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) awareness month, while I myself have never suffered the loss of a child to SIDS I do know people who have been forced into a club no person ever wants to join. I do the best I can to fight the nasty monster, back to sleep because they say that is best, no blankets or loose clothes, firm crib mattress, fan in room for air movement, angelcare monitor that scares the bejeezus out of me every second night cause Holden can now move around the crib, but I do what I can as a mother to keep him as safe as I can.
The only problem with my great SIDS awareness is that we live in the north and starting in about September it gets super cold here and we need to use blankets, now I could just turn up the heat so that Holden stays warm but that would make the rest of us sweat to death so it was not really a pleasant option but one we thought we would have to face. Then I stumbled across the Halo Sleepsack, a wearable blanket for my little one. Designed by a parent who lost an infant to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), and now being used in hospital nurseries nationwide, the HALO Sleep Sack wearable blanket replaces loose bedding in the crib that can cover your baby's face and interfere with breathing. It's the only product that carries seals from leading SIDS organizations in both the U.S. and Canada. The SleepSack wearable blanket reduces the risk of rebreathing (the inhalation of carbon dioxide), which has been associated as a possible cause of sudden infant death syndrome.
We received the HALO Sleep Sack in micro-fleece applique the blue dog design and I just want to say it is sooooo cute. These particular sleepsacks come in three sizes small (0-6 months), medium (6-12 months), large (12-18 months). We got the medium for Holden as he is just hitting 6 months and is at the low end of the weight scale so it will fit him for awhile. Holden had been waking up prior to this in the night because he was cold and so I would sit and cuddle him and warm him up til he went back to sleep and then I would lay him back down, unfortunatly when it was still warmer Holden was sleeping through the night so the few nights that he got up made me SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired.
HALO has a wide range of sleepsacks, I have featured the applix ones here, but they also have so many others in a wide range of materials such as cotton, organic cotton the micro-fleece, velboa and sherpa as well as sizes from preemie all the way up to big kid which would fit 4t-5t.
~BUY IT~
Go to HALO Sleep Sack and pick up one for youself and see all they have to offer and pick up something for your little one these would make a great shower gift as well.
~WIN IT~
~TO ENTER~
Go to HALO and tell me another style/pattern the sleepsack comes in OTHER then the one I spoke about here.
Go to HALO and tell me another style/pattern the sleepsack comes in OTHER then the one I spoke about here.
~BONUS ENTRIES~
Please make sure to leave seperate entries for each thing, if it says you get 5 entries please leave 5 comments.
Follow Jabbering Jessi using google friend {1 entry}
Fan HALO on facebook (while your there please take some tiem to read their SIDS prevention tips). {1 entry}
Fan HALO on facebook (while your there please take some tiem to read their SIDS prevention tips). {1 entry}
Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (you can use the retweet button below) {1 entry}
Blog about this giveaway {5 entries}
Subscribe to Jabbering Jessi {1 Entry}
This giveaway is open to US & Canada.
Ends Oct 26, 2009 @ 11:59 pm est
(Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email before I choose a new winner)
Thank you to HALO Sleep Sack for this awesome giveaway.
This was not a paid post and honest opinions were used. Products in this review were given to me free of cost by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for review only. Opinions in this review are mine and are in NO way influenced by monetary compensation.
This was not a paid post and honest opinions were used. Products in this review were given to me free of cost by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for review only. Opinions in this review are mine and are in NO way influenced by monetary compensation.





0 comments:
Post a Comment
Jabber with me