Woodworking

January 9, 2010

I have always used woodworking as a source of stress relief.  We have done many things such as toy boxes, bird houses, butterfly houses, adarondak chairs, and so many other things

I love the smell of the wood as we cut it.  I love the intricate cuts when using the scroll saw, I have even done some that are so small they look like pencil.  I love painting the things after we are completed them and all of the stuff that we can do and proudly call our own work. 

Now that we no longer live with my mother in law we have to travel to do our woodworking which means planning which means I never get to do it anymore which makes me sad.  We have a hard time making it there with Lee working til 6, kids having cubs and swimming and the babies needing naps or the house needing my attention or one of hte many other things going on. 

I was never good enough to make like solid wood furniture, or a jelly cabinet or anything like that but I was good enough to call it pretty and be functional.  Hopefully this summer we can go and build more stuff for the house, I would like to do a couple more butterfly houses and some more adarondak chairs so wish me luck.

2 comments:

A Truckers Girl said...

Good Luck Jessi. You guys did a wonderful job on my winnie the pooh hope chest which I still have sitting in my room. :-)

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

Good luck. My mother in law does woodworking and loves it. She has become quite good at it over the years and can produce things that she could sell in a store. Following you from MBC http://postpartumillness.com/

Post a Comment

Jabber with me

 

Tickers

page rank

Jabbering jessi Copyright © 2009 Designed by Dotcomkari for Jabbering Jessi