Back 2 Blogging #37 - My Little Red Book review/giveaway *5 Winners* ENDED

September 23, 2009



I love to read and will read anything.  I love to read so much in fact that back in June I read all four of the books in the Twilight series in 5 days.  Every few months I hunt for books online, I normally read a lot of true crime but will purchase anything that I find will interest me.

I came across My Little Red book and while I was unsure if I would really enjoy it or not I thought why not, so I approached the author about doing a review and giveaway of the book, I think it is a great thing to bring my readers new books as well.

 My Little Red book is a collection of stories from women of all ages from around the world.  Author Rachel Kauder Nalebuff was initally embarassed by her first period, but with the power of these stories she has come to embrace her rite of passage into womanhood.  She is known in her high schools history as "the period girl" and is absolutely cool with that.


My Little Red book is 181 pages with multiple recollections of first periods some brought tears to my eyes reading them, some were touching, some were funny (the author got hers while waterskiing in a yellow bathing suit) and honestly some saved women from degrading things such as strip searches back in wartime (first period discovered just before the Nazi's were going to strip search a young girl).  The back also has some Euphemisms and code words us women use to tell others we are on our period and those I found hilarious and now me and my friend Jen will also call it, Riding the cotton pony lol.

When I first discovered this book and even when I started reading it I was a little concerned about my mental health, I mean who wants to hear about hundreds of womens first periods.  But after reading only a couple of pages I knew i was going to read it from start to finish and not only was I going to read it but I was going to like it.

Win It: My Little Red Book has generously offered to give FIVE of my readers their very own copy of My Little Red Book.

To Enter all you have to do is tell me your first period story, if you are too embarassed to share that then tell me why you want to win this book. This must be done for any of your bonus entries to count, comments such as pick me or i want to win will be removed.

Bonus entries please make sure you post a separate comment for each thing, and if it says you get two entries make sure you leave two comments:

1. Follow my blog publicly using google friend and leave me a comment that you did.

2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Leave me a comment with your twitter name and a link to your tweet. (button is on the left hand side under Communicate with me)

3. Subscribe to my blogs email updates and leave a comment here telling me you do. You must verify the subscription and i will check.

4. Take my Jabbering Jessi button and put it on your blog.

5. Blog this giveaway and link it back here to me and My Little Red book. Leave a comment with link to blog entry. To make it easier you can copy and paste the following - 10 extra entries (leave 10 seperate comments):

 Go check out the Back 2 Blogging Bash on Jabbering Jessi she is giving away My Little Red Book to FIVE winners.
6. Become a fan of Jabbering Jessi on Facebook and leave a comment that you did. (button is on the left hand side under Communicate with me)

7. If you left a comment here that you had my Back 2 Blogging bash button BEFORE the giveaway started on Sept 1st please leave comment here for one extra entry.

8. If you left a comment here that you were following my blog BEFORE the giveaway started on Sept 1st then give yourself an additional entry (on top of the one you got in bonus entry # 1) please leave a comment here.

This giveaway will end on October 9th at 11:59 PM EST at which time i will use random.org to draw for a winner. Please make sure your email address is visible in your profile, no email address no win as I have to be able to contact you. All winners will be notified by October 11th and will have 36 hours to respond to me before I choose a new winner. Contest is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. US & Canada.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jabber with me

 

Tickers

page rank

Jabbering jessi Copyright © 2009 Designed by Dotcomkari for Jabbering Jessi