We decorated gingerbread men cookies, watched a movie and had popcorn. Then they ate pizza and then cake and Blake opened his gifts. The only time it was quiet was when they were eating, i wanted to keep feeding them it was sweet silence.
Blake had told me he wanted a camoflauge cake for his birthday but then he wanted to decorate gingerbread men so we went with a gingerbread man/winterish theme. The loot bags were christmas mugs with a few candies in them and then a hot chocolate cone topped with white and normal choclate and marshmallows. I wanted to do a gingerbread man cake but we try to stick with the kids requests so we did both. We were up til 3 am decorating this cake and then up again at 8 to get ready for his party, I am exhausted now.
We even did a camo on the inside of the cake with a similar method I used for Maddisyns cake
I will add pics of the loot bags once Jen sends them to me i forgot to take my own but her little girl Vi was here so she is going to take a pic for me.





3 comments:
Cute cake! My son is due Christmas Day and I have a c-section scheduled for 12/21. I've been worried about keeping his Birthday separate from Christmas but it looks like you haven't had an issue with that! It's a good idea to do it a few weeks early too.
-Sarah
Great job! My nieces birthday is the 23rd so they do her birthday early as well.
What a cute cake! Also, what great ideas for celebrating a birthday near Christmas.
Post a Comment
Jabber with me