And lack thereof. Last night Holden was up twice well actually he was only up once last night and then once again at 7 am, he gets up, gets a bottle and drinks it and goes back to sleep. He is a very easy baby but sometimes he gets up at night, thankfully not often.
I do know of people who have it less then fun though, their baby is up all night or they have insomnia or even worse they need like CPAP machines or something like that. I have heard that CPAP machines can be loud and rather annoying although life saving and very necessary. I feel terrible for people with CPAP machines because they have to wear the CPAP masks all night, I would totally freak out if I had to wear something on my face like that all night, I get clausterphobic just thinking of it. Even the people on the portable oxygen concentrators get my deepest sympathy because of the constant mask or cannula.
Ok now that I have rambled back to my monkeys. As I said Holden sleeps through most of the time but last night he was up briefly twice, thank god my loving husband told me to stay in bed and he got up with him for me although I did stay awake until he came back to bed anyhow. Then there is Maddisyn she goes from one extreme to another. She had been staying up all night long or most of the night which isn't terrible because she is still int he crib so she just kinda plays and stays quiet. We usually put her to bed at 8ish and she goes to sleep for a couple of hours and wakes up at 11 or 12 and stays up the rest of the night. Last night though she begged to go to bed at 8 oclock so we put her down, well Lee did I was out visiting my friend Jessica with Holden. I got home at 9:30 and she was still up in there claiming she could not sleep. So Lee and I snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie and headed to bed about 12:30 and Maddisyn was STILL up telling us she could not sleep, I am not sure what time she went to sleep at but I know she slept the night because she was up at 8 am and only gets up on her own that early if we wake her or if she slept the entire night. I just want her to start sleeping through the night so that she can go for sleep overs to my mother in laws and so I can put her into a big girl bed and get the bedding from Little Miss Matched I am so in love with.
Do your little ones sleep through the night in a big bed? How do you help your kids sleep through the night?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
My baby did not sleep through the night until over 7 months and my husband has a CPAP and it is LOUD. Ha ha.
Ok...we started a routine. We gave him a bath, reading time, in bed with a little blanket this amazing seahorse that plays music you can get it at Big Lots or Walmart or Target. We have my son TRAINED ha ha. He is 2o months old and will tell us he is sleepy and walk to his room. I LOVE it. Hang in there ....it does it get better.
It terms of sleeping through the night do you have night time diapers...they hold more!
BOTH my babies sleep in our bed with us! Yikes! Should known that it was not a very good idea from the beginning! But they grow soo fast, so it is OK :)
Post a Comment
Jabber with me